What is GPS?
The Global Positioning System, usually called GPS, is the only fully-functional satellite navigation system. A constellation of more than two dozen GPS satellites broadcasts precise timing signals by radio to GPS receivers, allowing them to accurately determine their location (longitude, latitude, and altitude) in any weather, day or night, anywhere on Earth.
What is VGPS?
VGPS is Vietnamese GPS application. VGPS is The World’s First and Only GPS application that runs on any mobile phone (j2me phone and android phone). VGPS can run on any color phone that has at least 500KB memory.
Screen size (Width x Height): 176×182
Total memory >= 500KB
Screen size (Width x Height): 240×320
Total memory >= 1024KB
How to get VGPS for my city/country map?
If you want to test or experience VGPS, you can download VGPS demo version from download section to test on your phone. If you are using android phone, you can buy VGPS from android market.
Where can I find map data for my home city/country?
You can find your home city/country map data from Free Garmin Map Download. If your city map does not exist in Free Garmin map Downloads, you can search for your city map by typing “City name garmin map” in google search. For example: If you want to search for paris garmin map, type paris garmin map in google search at bottom of this page. If you can not find garmin map you can try to find map data from www.openstreetmap.org
Is it necessary to have Assisted-GPS (AGPS) mobile phone to install VGPS?
It is not necessary to have Assisted-GPS (AGPS) mobile phone to install VGPS. Any normal phone which has at least 500 KB memory can run VGPS. VGPS can run on Android phones, Symbian phones, Windows Mobile phones, Linux phones, or even on a phone without OS at all.
Is it a GPS application (real-time tracking) or just a map application?
VGPS is a real-time tracking GPS application
How to use turn by turn navigation
You can use AutoRouting together with GPS tracking to have turn by turn navigation. To use turn by turn navigation, follow these steps:
1. Increase your phone volume so that you can hear voice guidance.
2. Open Setup menu and check “In Car Navigation When Tracking/Routing” and “Keep On Road When Tracking” options. If these options have been turn off then turn them on.
3. Define start waypoint and target waypoint, select AutoRouting to calculate fastest/shortest route. After the application starts to demo the route, you can tap anywhere on the map to stop the AutoRouting demostration. The application remembered your route.
4. Select GPS tracking menu and wait for the phone to fix GPS signal. It may take a few minutes to fix GPS signal depending on your phone GPS receiver.
5. Mount your phone on the phone handle in your car.
6. Drive along the fastest/shortest route, the application will guide you to go straight, turn left or turn right. Follow the turn by turn instructions you will reach the target waypoint.
Please use this function turn by turn navigation carefully, always look at the road ahead while you drive instead of looking at the small phone screen to have a safe drive.
For java phone, VGPS has 2 versions: VGPS.jar and VGPS179.jar
1.Version VGPS.jar supports bluetooth GPS receiver and Standard NMEA Sentence. This version is used for java phone that does not have internal GPS receiver.
2. Version VGPS179.jar supports Standard Location API JSR179. This version is used for java phone that has internal GPS receiver.
If you do not have bluetooth GPS or internal GPS receiver, you still can enjoy digital vector map on your java phone by using VGPS.jar version.
For android phone, VGPS has 2 versions: Map data is included in android package and map data is stored in memory card
1.Version map data is included in android package. This version uses pre-compiled map data for famous cities around the world and user can not change the map data.
2. Version map data is stored in memory card. This version uses map data in memory card and user can change the map data by using VGPSMapGenerator.
Buy VGPS Offline Map for Android
You can buy VGPS Offline Map for Android from the Android Market. Look for VGPS Offline Map (Full version) if you want to search for version map data is stored in memory card. Click here to search VGPS in Android Market.
No Comments »
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.