|This is VGPS demo for java phone run on java phone emulator MicroEmulator. For android phone, there is no android emulator can run on the web, please visit screenshots to see how VGPS run on android phone.
Because of limitation of the java phone emulator on the web (no real connection to Bluetooth GPS receiver and no audio support), VGPS will simulate GPS Tracking function and will not speak to you when you use AutoRouting function. If you want to try GPS tracking and voice guidance functions, you need to install VGPS on a real phone. If you could not see a phone emulator at the right hand side with VGPS run in it, your browser does not have java applet plug-in. You can download JDK 5.0 Update 12 from Sun website. After you install JDK 5.0, your browser will have java applet plug-in and you can run VGPS applet emulator.
How to use phone emulator:
1. Click on key FIRE or key 5 to open the menu. Key FIRE is the key in centre of 4 arrow keys. Key 5 is the key in centre of key 2, 4, 6, 8. When the menu is opened, use key UP, key DOWN or key 2, key 8 to highlight menu command. Click key FIRE again will execute the selected menu command. Click on menu will execute the selected menu command as well.
2. Click on arrow keys or key 2, 4, 6, 8 to move the cursor around. You can move the pointer by click anywhere on the screen. In lock pointer mode, if you click on an area on the screen, VGPS will centre to that area.
3. Users can change color scheme of the map by selecting setup and choose which object color they want to change and key-in RGB value of the color for this object. VGPS accepts color in RGB format (Red, Green, Blue) from 0 to FFFFFF. It means that users have about 16 million colors to choose from for each object.
How to use AutoRouting function
To use AutoRouting function, you need to define start waypoint and target waypoint, then select AutoRouting from main menu.
1. Search for street “jln membina”, click on menu button then select “set as start”.
2. Search for point “changi airport”, click on menu button then select “set as target”.
3. Select Autorouting from main menu. VGPS will calculate the route and automatic guide you along the route with explicit turn arrow.
4. When AutoRouting, VGPS will rotate the map so that the top direction of the map is the facing direction (heading) of the viewer. You can turn on/off this feature by check/uncheck “In Car Navigation When Tracking/Routing” option in setup menu.
No Comments »
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.